better tires for my new 2023 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottPSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same question that I spent some time researching/reading up about. I ultimately landed on the Michelin Defender LTX. I had a 2022 Yukon Denali that I traded for the 2023. The Alenza tires were less than spectacular in the rain and light snow (live in MD/DE/PA area).

The LTX will not be as aggressive as the other options mentioned but a great compromise. Rain hasn't been nearly as white knuckled and looking forward to the snow this year. If I could have got KO2's on the 22's, I would have gone that route, but there is another option with the Conti terrain contacts, but they were backordered for the foreseeable future according to my local shop.

If you go 305/45/22, no issues with rubbing that I had seen with and without air suspension.

MetroX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We hated the OEM Bridgestone tires, really bad in the rain and cold. Swapped them for the Continental TerrainContact A/T which have been a great improvement. Ride quiet on the roads too, surprised me for how aggressive the tread looks.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried A/T tires once, and only once. The store took them back on their 500 mile warranty. The hum was terrible.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same question that I spent some time researching/reading up about. I ultimately landed on the Michelin Defender LTX. I had a 2022 Yukon Denali that I traded for the 2023. The Alenza tires were less than spectacular in the rain and light snow (live in MD/DE/PA area).

The LTX will not be as aggressive as the other options mentioned but a great compromise. Rain hasn't been nearly as white knuckled and looking forward to the snow this year. If I could have got KO2's on the 22's, I would have gone that route, but there is another option with the Conti terrain contacts, but they were backordered for the foreseeable future according to my local shop.

If you go 305/45/22, no issues with rubbing that I had seen with and without air suspension.
We have both the LTXs and the Terrain Contact H/Ts on our vehicles. The Terrain Contact H/Ts were chosen due to size availability but in comparison I think they are very close. Only waiting for snow to test that aspect of the H/Ts but in the other seasons they are very similar in sound and comfort. They were reported with similar ratings. Terrain Contacts were not cheap either but luckily we caught a good rebate program.

Kgitti

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have used mostly Michelin Defender LTX on two Tahoes and love everything except the price. I made a mistake in getting talked into Cooper similars once and scrapped them at half life. There was no comparison.
The Michelins ride compfy, are very quiet and work in the snow, not to mention that they seem to last forever.
They don't have the macho look that some seem to need, but they really get the job done for us.
Defender LTX here too on all my vehicles in New Mexico. Good traction in bad conditions, good wear. I wouldn’t buy anything else.

MoonTruck

Reaction score
I ended up selling the stock 22’s, didn’t want to mess with the overall diameter of the tires. I got the generic RST 20’s take offs and wrapped them with the Vredestein Pinza A/T since TireRack has some good reviews on them.

-So far they have been solid in the rain.
-20’s have way more tire options. The Defenders were the other contender.
-I think low profiles are just silly.

Compared to the stock Bridgestones I think they ride about the same. Can’t notice road noise. The only thing I can maybe say is that they transfer more road feel after about 75MPH. That or they were poorly balanced. But that same feel is not noticeable on a smooth concrete freeway.

If anyone has these Pinza tires pleas feel free to share your thoughts. These are my first set of A/T’s. Here they are the day they were mounted.

IMG_1839.jpeg

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in ND, lots of snow and ice.

The last few trucks I've swapped out the factory tires for BFG AT KO2's at delivery; zero complaints. Also running a set of Wildpeaks on the kids Jeep (didn't get the KO2's due to sizing issue).

Ram ecoDiesel just did 82k miles on a set of the KO2's.
Wife's '21 Denali XL has 30k on a set of KO2's right now.

I'd go either KO2 or Wildpeak over the LTX's for ice/snow. I like the KO2 better then the Wildpeak for road noise. Rotate any of these choices every 10k at minimum.

Shorrsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2023 Yukon Denali. It came with stock Bridgestone 275 50 22 street tires. The rims are 22". I want to get a tire with a more aggressive tread like a BFG AT KO2. Has anyone put a slightly larger tire on a Denali without doing a lift?
I love these tire from Cooper. I tow about 6500lbs. Best tire I have had and they look great too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700