Best way to drop a '18 Tahoe and still keep the MRC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram396

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to lower my '18 6.2 RST Tahoe while still keeping the MRC. I know the suspension is tuned differently for the 6.2 RST and I don't want to mess with it. I had a non MRC '13 Tahoe with the Belltech 2 - 3 drop. Spindles and struts up front and springs and shocks in the rear and really didn't like the ride quality. It really turned out to be closer to 2.5 up front and 3.5 in the rear. Rear was way too stiff and the front too soft. The front and rear would also bottom out quite often.

I'm really only looking to do 1- 1.5 up front and 2 - 2.5 in the rear and was thinking about spindles up front and adding a spacer between where the strut mounts to the frame. Probably do the rear level kit. I know Belltech makes 1-2 drop springs for the front but I'm worried that changing the factory front and rear springs will affect the ride quality from stock.
So I was seeing if anyone else has tried what I'm planning and can give me their opinion on it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some folks on this Forum have made this mod, and they will chime in.

There are ride height sensors mounted to the suspension at all 4 wheels, and if the lowering mod forces these height sensors to bottom out when driving, that will be an issue that needs to be corrected with shorter link arms on these sensors. I am not sure if you specific lowering specs will require shorter link arm on these sensors, but they may.

In any event, after the lowering mod is completed, and the link arms shortened, if necessary, then you need to perform the auto leveling trimset (ALC) calibration for the MRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts