Best True All Season Tires Are....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a 16' Tahoe 4WD LTZ here in NY with 22s.

It came with the horrible Bridgestone Dueler H/L and they're getting near needing to be replaced. When they were new they were pretty much junk in the snow so I got the following...

For the winter I have a set of Blizzak DM-V2 which are phenomenal in the snow. My only issue with them is that I feel the "pressure, sound, whatever" issue is worse with them on the car.

I was wondering about selling those and getting a set of Michelin all seasons to leave on..well..all season.

My question is two fold.

1. Is this a good, bad, or ok idea?
2. What is the difference between the Michelin Premier LTX and the Michelin Defender LTX M/S? They're both rated very well but one is "highway all-season" and the other is "SUV touring all-season". I have no idea what either of those mean. :lol:

Why are your thoughts on the best way to proceed?

Thanks!

Best,
Gene

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 3.38.26 PM.png

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires on my Tahoe in the 18" size. Definitely not entirely necessary to have all season ones here in AZ but I will say that they do provide a really nice ride.

OP
OP
phantasms

phantasms

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless there is a dramatic change to the current order I will never put any tire other than Michelins on a vehicle.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen others members on here and other forums complain about the Michelin’s dry rotting between the treads.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The defender and premier are pretty similar. But the defender has deeper tread. I think the defender is a little better performance wise for snow. Ride quality is awesome with Michelin’s. I’ve heard that Michelin’s have a tendency to dry rot, neither of the two sets that I had ever had that issue.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the big reasons I went with the Defenders was the 70,000 mile warranty that is offered on them. Between that warranty and the certificates purchased at Discount Tire, I sure as hell hope I'm covered should any dry rot issues arise.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in NYC and I use all seasons year round. obviously winter tires are better but as long as your cautious and watch your speed you'll be just fine. and I would probably get a M-S all season tire over another

HOG4FUN62

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have used the Defender M/S on my 02 Avalanche and 07 Yukon XL. Even on the 2wd XL, no issues in the snow as long as you are careful. Got over 80K miles on each of 4 sets I've bought. Never any dry rot issues and they have a great ride. I'm running 18s not 22s so I can't comment on the bigger wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269