Best headlight assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john_c

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
One of my headlight assemblies are busted and I'm thinking about replacing both with aftermarket. For those of you that have changed yours out, I'm looking for advice on what brands are good quality and what to stay away from.

2018 Yukon XL SLT

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used 1A Auto. They have good pricing and a fantastic warranty. Customer service is great and I've actually gotten 2 items warranted over the years w/o any issues whatsoever.

Ultimately I prefer OEM, but $350 for one light is a little ridiculous considering you can get a CAPA certified one for half the price. They usually have deals for sets rhet can come with or without bulbs. I always order the bulbed ones and save the OEM harness and bulbs for potential future use. Just make sure to pack the connectors full of dielectric grease when installing.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There a quite a few headlight assembly options for your '18 Yukon SLT.

It's really just going to come down to
What'd you want?
How much are you willing to pay for it?
Do you have stock halogen bulbs in your headlights now?
Do you have aftermarket bulbs in your headlights now? If so which ones and are you happy with their performance or want more?
Do you want a better performing (as in increased light output) headlight?

Your OEM headlights are halogen projector low beams with a dedicated 9005 halogen high beam.

The 2015-2020 Morimoto headlights would probably be on the more expenside side of "off the shelf" headlights:

Other than those there are some aftermarket OEM options that are on the less expensive side and I'm sure function similar to OEM. Infact some of the aftermarket headlights may even have better low beam projectors in them than OEM. I haven't seen any side-by-side comparison to know if this is true, but I've opened up the OEM headlights to know the OEM stock low beam projectors are pretty bottom of the barrell in terms of quality and the output shows.

Though I have seen some aftermarket LED bulbs perform quite well in the '15-'20 OEM Yukon Halogen headlight housings.

Depending on what you're after there could be a pretty deep rabbit hole to go down in terms of headlight assemblies, lighting output, and options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan