Battery Heat Shield.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it make sense to purchase a heat shield for the battery because of the temperatures in the engine compartment and the summer heat?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With the air blowing around under the hood while driving I don't see the need for a heat shield. My battery is up by the headlights. Is yours the same or located in a different place?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was having trouble with my batteries so I bought this wrap, I purchased 2 and used one for each battery and then for the main battery I bought the corvette battery cover, so it is wrapped and covered.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DWJ5PFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Pontiac-Oldsmobile-Buick-GMC-Battery-Insulator-cover-new-OEM-15180205/271535689928?fits=Model:Corvette&hash=item3f38c9d0c8:g:Ug0AAOSwirZTsFp9:sc:USPSFirstClass!95219!US!-1
I can't say for sure if it has made any difference or not I bought new battery's and my problem has gone away.

if anyone buys that aopec wrap, be aware the outer part apparently can conduct electricity so be mindful of the battery cables. that is what I read in the reviews.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I should have said earlier that I have seen the wraps on the batteries but only in very cold weather areas. I used to live in KC, Mo. and it can get bitter cold there and I saw wraps there a few times.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have said earlier that I have seen the wraps on the batteries but only in very cold weather areas. I used to live in KC, Mo. and it can get bitter cold there and I saw wraps there a few times.
my idea was to reflect heat hence the foil outer wrapping

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering because they say that between the heat from the engine and the heat outside that it drains the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev