Battery cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ke4uxq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to replace negative cable. Does I matter whether or not you run the smaller wire all the way to the original spot on the frame or can I just make a good connection to a more convenient spot with a good ground. 2008 Tahoe LTZ without the module. Just negative cable with the additional lesser gauge pigtail going under the frame.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A ground is a ground. As long as it's CLEAN and TIGHT it should be fine. Make sure you use a heavy star washer under it to bite into the frame. I'd also cover the area with dielectric grease at all parts of the connection. Also, make sure you remove the undercoating, or rust depending on location, and have a clean polished area to start with.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to your first post.

Like @B-train said, a ground is a ground. Cleanliness is next to Godliness and tight with that star washer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to replace negative cable. Does I matter whether or not you run the smaller wire all the way to the original spot on the frame or can I just make a good connection to a more convenient spot with a good ground. 2008 Tahoe LTZ without the module. Just negative cable with the additional lesser gauge pigtail going under the frame.
you should have a sensor and that small ground connection is not all that far out of reach I replaced mine if i can do it anybody can cause i'm part retard

OP
OP
K

ke4uxq

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A ground is a ground. As long as it's CLEAN and TIGHT it should be fine. Make sure you use a heavy star washer under it to bite into the frame. I'd also cover the area with dielectric grease at all parts of the connection. Also, make sure you remove the undercoating, or rust depending on location, and have a clean polished area to start with.
Thanks much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho

Latest posts