Banks iDash parameters for the LM2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
972sparky

972sparky

Reaction score
Here is a link to the idash parameter list for the LM2 in the GMC Sierra 1500. The parameters are mostly the same for the 2022 Tahoe/Yukon. I will list the ones that are not in the new v1.24 update as well as a few others available that are not on the list.

All the air density parameters are available

All the diagnostics are available except TIME, time data log

All the emissions are available except DPF SL, DPF soot load percent (there is a dpfdp1 DPF delta pressure in the pressure list that is the same data I suspect, just not converted to %), LSTRGN distance since last regen.

All the engine performance air are available except THRT-R throttle position relative.

All the engine performance fuel except none of the injector balance rates. There is also a FUEL TEMP not listed that is available.

I don’t have a pedal monster but i suspect if you do they are all available.

All the pressure except OIL P engine oil pressure, TRAN-2 and TRAN-3 are available. There is also a clutch pressure available.
(I am disappointed the oil pressure isn’t available, the factory dash gauge is quite vague and looks quite low most of the time)

All the speed and velocity are available.

All the temperature are available and include cylinder head temp, exhaust gas temp 1, exhaust gas temp 2 and exhaust gas temp 3.

All transmission are available except 4WD-S transfer case status and TR SLP transmission slip. There is a torque converter slip available.

All vehicle performance and voltage are available.

I am making some new pages and haven’t tested all the parameters for relevant readouts yet, but will post update if any don’t seem to work.

If the link to the list doesn’t work, go to the banks web site and then the idash/monster gauge page and locate the 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 3.0L parameters page.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - nice investigation!

It’s interesting that the ‘21 LM2 in the 1/2 ton is able to provide more information than what you can get on a ‘21+ SUV. There must be a difference in the ECM. I wonder if the ‘23 w/ LZ0 is missing some parameters?

The development cycles of the pickup and SUV are slightly staggered so it makes sense that some of the ECMs and software could be different.

As far as the oil pump pressure, I’ve noticed it seems to be pretty low, but as I understand, it’s a variable displacement pump to minimize pumping losses, so it’s only going to pump what the engine needs.

kerlyb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Make sure you have the correct vehicle/motor selected under settings. Go to settings...vehicle...and select LM2 20-21'.

Now you should have everything listed in the PID list.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of you that are running a Banks I-Dash, which vehicle profile have you selected? I see there's '20-'21 LM2 (Truck) and also DMax LM2 at the bottom of the list. I just installed my Banks IDash and I'm on software version 1.24. I first selected the DMax LM2 config and when it starts up it shows the DPF regen %, but then after about a minute it goes to "--" on the display and then never shows a value again, even after driving for 45min. Just this morning I thought about trying the other config and selected '20-'21 LM2 and now the DPF regen % stays there, but now I can no longer see transmission temp or gear indicator? Seems like the software is not yet refined for the SUV platform...

I might give Banks a call tomorrow and see if they have a new software version coming soon - the last update was in Dec. of '22. (version 1.24)

OP
OP
972sparky

972sparky

Reaction score
I am using the Dmax LM2 setting and I do have the dpf% and the gear display. I also can get the trans temp but don’t have it selected as I can get it on the DIC. There is a v1.24.7 software out but not on the banks site. Someone has a link to it elsewhere, I’ll see if I can find it again. Did not seem to give me anything new. Still no oil pressure.

OP
OP
972sparky

972sparky

Reaction score

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using the Dmax LM2 setting and I do have the dpf% and the gear display. I also can get the trans temp but don’t have it selected as I can get it on the DIC. There is a v1.24.7 software out but not on the banks site. Someone has a link to it elsewhere, I’ll see if I can find it again. Did not seem to give me anything new. Still no oil pressure.
Thank you! I agree, the trans temp is available on the DIC and might as well just show it there - I wanted to run it for awhile on the IDash and see if they both showed the same value and they usually do, with occasionally 1-2 degrees difference. Probably just a refresh rate discrepancy.

I will do a backup of my current setup and then try out the firmware update. I found the thread on the Duramax forum and it looks like a Banks employee was mentioning in that thread they have noticed some instability in transmission and emission PIDs. I'll give this beta update a try and see if it makes things more stable for me as I believe I should be getting the most info out of the "DMAX LM2" config, but losing the DPF RG% about a minute after startup is bothersome.

Steve Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you guys seeing for fuel rail pressure? Mine varies from 3500 (idle)-29,000 psi

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you guys seeing for fuel rail pressure? Mine varies from 3500 (idle)-29,000 psi
I'm seeing in the ~5K psi range at idle and up to 29K under high load/high rpm. It sure bounces around a lot. I'd say it's at about 17K when doing 60mph down a highway, but any change in engine load due to grade makes the value jump up or down quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts