bad O2 sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
If you have a bad O2 sensor you usually have worse than usual fuel mileage because the truck is running rich. So you'll smell fuel, and your check engine light will be on...usually.

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bad milage, bad idle, lagging when you hit the gas, missfiring,
just spent 2 month with all these symptoms until i found out it was the connection of my 02 sensor..those 02 sensors are a crucial part of these trucks performance

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Since it will be running rich from being in open-loop, there will be unburned fuel (HC) entering the catalytic converter. This will detonate inside of the cat causing premature failure. A couple of O2 sensors is way cheaper than a couple of cats. Get it fixed asap.

BirchyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an OBS and my light came on a couple weeks ago. I did notice a drop in MPG but thought it was because I had been heavy on the gas. I replaced the O2 sensor this weekend and it does seem to be running a bit smoother. Could all be in my head though.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
Since it will be running rich from being in open-loop, there will be unburned fuel (HC) entering the catalytic converter. This will detonate inside of the cat causing premature failure. A couple of O2 sensors is way cheaper than a couple of cats. Get it fixed asap.

That's no doubt. I had to replace the y-pipe/cats and all four O2 sensors right after I got my hoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98[Ta]Hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how many O2 censors does a 98 tahoe have? my engine light is on saying something about my O2 censors.. i replaced 2 of them myself and light still came back on

Tahoebigdog03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98[Ta]Hoe;753299 said:
how many O2 censors does a 98 tahoe have? my engine light is on saying something about my O2 censors.. i replaced 2 of them myself and light still came back on

Should be four 2 up and 2 down if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz