Backup camera not working!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ridechevy09

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a little info. My back up quit working now when i put it in reverse its just a black screen message says service rear vision system. Are there any place i need to check before buying a new system? Any fuze locations etc? The owners manual doesnt say much.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would check connections on the camera and on the head unit or mirror, not sure which you have. Give the camera a flick with your finger.

Kittmaster

Reaction score
If it's under warranty, beat up the dealer until they fix it right.... my '16 has been in the shop more times that I choose to admit, but I'll be damned if I will be a penny for any repair when the onus is on them to make it right for 3yr/36...

With the amount of gear in these cars, make sure it's right before you start shelling out your own money even if taking it to the dealer is inconvenient and under warranty.

Just my opinion.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a little info. My back up quit working now when i put it in reverse its just a black screen message says service rear vision system. Are there any place i need to check before buying a new system? Any fuze locations etc? The owners manual doesnt say much.

in the book there is a couple fuse identification pages, it will show where the fuses are located for the backup camera, there is also a online manual, just google "online manual 2015 Yukon" or whatever yours is in place of 2015 Yukon.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my rvc go out but I also had the odd problem of turning the key to "off" but the engine would stay running until I opened the drivers door. That turned out to be a fuse and the body computer.

AH64Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know this is an old thread but my backup camera in 17’ Yukon XL 4x4 stopped working the other day. I went to the fair and then when we left all we got was a blue screen and something about servicing the camera. The parking lines were still there but no image. I couldn’t find a fuse and instead of messing with the camera I just disconnected the battery for 5 mins and it works now. I hope this helps someone else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne