Avy LTZ w/ RC 2" Level, Autoride/Level not working....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck-Avalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all;

I know I'm not driving a Yukon or Tahoe but i was hoping some of the knowledgeable users here could help me out since there is so much info here.

I used the search and poked around; however need further guidance hence the post....

Some are saying their install is working fine, others have modded to work while others still say that it CANNOT be done while maintaining these things.

Please help me!

Ive checked the Fuse, In my 2009 its a double link fuse, position 59 i think. Its in tact..... When i start the truck i hear a solenoid "Click" but the compressor doesn't run. It used to after startup.

Also i went to camp with some buds and loaded up the bed and 4 adults, rear was sagging bad. Never levelled off....

I don't want to piss away more $$$ at the dealer if i can avoid it.

Maybe just a coincidence that the compressor died after the lift; but not holding my breath!

Have a trip next week where i plan to throw my motorcycle in the bed but can't with the way it sagged with camp stuff.....

Thanks for any guidance.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I could help but I don't know what it could be. Not long ago I had an avalanche LTZ with a 2.5/1.5 level and the autoride worked great. I didn't do the install though so not sure if anything was done by the mechanic/installer to get it to work correctly...

OP
OP
C

Canuck-Avalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i just jacked the rear end up thought maybe i could use jumpers to test the pump but its way too crowded in there; id have to remove it....

tried starting the truck on the jack cause its all of kilter to see if the compressor would kick on, it did not...

OP
OP
C

Canuck-Avalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update: Tried jumping the light blue wire on the pump. Compressor did not run. i now have the Check air suspension message on the DIC (no message before).

Guess its going to the dealer after all......

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
get a quote first because the arnott compressor is fairly cheap and really easy to install, 3 bolts, 3 plugs.

OP
OP
C

Canuck-Avalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
update: harness was broken off in one of the rear shocks, required new harness and shock. Dealer/GM subsidized the cost so i paid 1/2 the bill. Ive been told its working now. Wife picked it up on the way home so i haven't driven it.

Does the compressor run at every startup? Or just after a few days/when weighted. Ive never paid much attention until it wasn't working.....

Have a trip planned with my motorcycle this weekend coming up and need to toss it in the bed, couldn't wait to order arnott/bilstein components...

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i had my 09 LTZ, On every start up the compressor kicked in so i guess that is normal.

OP
OP
C

Canuck-Avalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When i had my 09 LTZ, On every start up the compressor kicked in so i guess that is normal.

I'm going to pop out there and see if it kicks on.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Nope. Didn't run. Rear end seems as though it is sitting lower than the front. tried standing on the bumper to weight it. Nothing.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

i have the mind to call the dealer in the morning for an earful but don't want to do that if the front level kit is the cause of the problem.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Each rear shock has an air bag at the top of the shock and a height sensor, when the height sensor is triggered the compressor will kick in. It normally kicks on during startup because the psi has dropped.

OP
OP
C

Canuck-Avalanche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i think my next step is going to be to remove the front height bars and make them longer, see if that fixes it.... they are plastic, the metal is rusted and they are a PITA to remove....Maybe i can buy new ones from dealer?

Surely the dealer would have made sure the compressor works when they put on the new shock?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim2014