Autoride Rear Air Shock Help Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonBill

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for replacing the rear Autoride Air shocks on my 2001 Yukon. The rubber boots appear to be leaking. Dose anyone rebuild these?
I am also looking for new rubber bushings for the air compressor mount.

Any advise would be appreciated

OP
OP
Y

YukonBill

Reaction score
i seen the Arnott's replacements but from what I could tell it by passes the electronic ride control?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@YukonBill , that is correct. The arnott shock bypasses the electronic ride control via load resistors. They are excellent shocks but from the research I did this last while looking to replace my air shocks, the resistors that arnott attaches to their shock only lasts a short while before burning out. I read that a few guys replaced them with heavy duty load resistors and that solved the issue. The arnott replacements are probably going to be your best bet to replace price wise. They were roughly $270ish for a pair of rear shocks from their website. I just ordered replacements with the sensors for the electronic ride control from touring tech for my 2006 Denali XL. Paid $379 for the pair which included a lifetime warranty. So I will have to see how they perform when the get installed the 20th of this month.

OP
OP
Y

YukonBill

Reaction score
I really did not want to bypass the ride control. Any idea where I can get the rubber mounts for the compressor? Mine are completely shot

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the rubber mounts. I bought a new compressor as well so I'll look and see if the new one has the mounts next week when it gets delivered and I'll let you know. If your local parts store doesn't have them, try a junkyard nearby. Oddball stuff like those rubber mounts in my experience are always hard to track down. If you can find an autoride eqquipped gm in the junkyard than you can probably pull those mounts.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Arnott's only bypass the electronic damping but the self leveling (air ride) still works. There are also AC Delco and I believe Monroe make stock replacements with the damping but they're both more expensive. I have the Arnotts and I'm happy.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am seeing the Monroe's on Ebay new for $275.00 each
Sounds about right. I just checked and the Arnott's are $237 each but come with a lifetime warranty. I don't believe the Monroe's have that. Pick your poison as they say. I personally don't feel the difference without the electronic damping but I'm running lowered with DJM swaybars and endlinks which make it corner flat.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I just checked and the Arnott's are $237 each but come with a lifetime warranty. I don't believe the Monroe's have that. Pick your poison as they say. I personally don't feel the difference without the electronic damping but I'm running lowered with DJM swaybars and endlinks which make it corner flat.

I had a bad experience with the "lifetime warranty" from Arnott. I ordered two rear and two front shocks, installed them and still had a leak. I found one of the rear shocks cracked (I'll include a picture). I called them and I was told that I can only return it if it wasn't installed on a vehicle which makes no sense to me because how would you know it was leaking if you didn't install it? I ended up ordering another one.
0b27de0941c0b4383b44d4f9ad2da4aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24tahoe04