atomichoe interior build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
i didnt know you knew that i painted it.. you first said they painted it right, then i had to clarify you knew i painted it. haha sorry!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt know you knew that i painted it.. you first said they painted it right, then i had to clarify you knew i painted it. haha sorry!

Man, im getting confuzed. LOL.... Im lost... I know its been painted. Whoever painted did a good job. ha ha..

hows the dynomat coming along?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
anyways.... haha

Its going, just one layer is good enough for me. might add some dynapad in the back where the subs will be and where the exhaust ends at, but other then that, its just a summer DD, nothing to radical.. I need to start laying out all the wires for stuff and get some carpet back in.. debating if i should tutone the exterior paint.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AH - I cut out the inner fenderwells in my '96, to about 1 1/2" below the window line - allowed me to secure some 2x2's to, gave me a surface to mount the MDF for the interior parts of my enclosure. I cut it all the way out to where the back seats fold up, the upper corners of the seats just touch the corners of the enclosures. I even cut out around the fillertube for the gas tank, just be very careful if you do.

I put down a good 1/4" of fiberglass on the inside of the outside fenderwell, sealed up the enclosures nice and tight. Having the inner edges even with the wheelwell, I kept a full 49" for carrying gear (tools, sheetrock, etc). Managed to get about 2.4 cu ft gross enclosure volume on both sides, even with the mounting panel for the subs recessed in a good 2". Was able to squeeze in some old-school 15" Celestion subs easily - you'd be able to easily put a sweet pair of 12's in there, or if you found a small-enclosure 10, two 10's in EACH side.

I did have pics in a thread here before, but they were erased from my photobucket acct.

Another option I've seen done before (an an Aerostar Van, no less!):

Remove all the frame brackets from underneath the cargo area, basically empty from framerail to framerail.
Cut open the entire cargo floor, toss it aside.
Fab up a drop-in box (out of 1/8 steel) to fit between the framerails, to whatever depth you need - or to whatever depth won't allow it to be seen from outside the truck.
Build up the floor to whatever height you'll need to accommodate whatever subs you want to use. You can use the floor around the suns to mount your amps, wiring, etc.
Finish off with a solid trim panel.

The Aerostar had 5 10's in the back, three amps, completely stealth, and only raised the floor height by 3 1/2".

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

anyways.... haha

Its going, just one layer is good enough for me. might add some dynapad in the back where the subs will be and where the exhaust ends at, but other then that, its just a summer DD, nothing to radical.. I need to start laying out all the wires for stuff and get some carpet back in.. debating if i should tutone the exterior paint.

Nooooooo.

Maybe a black pinstripe to match the one on your cowl hood, but yer shit is clean. Do NOT **** it up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
haha thanks man. so you dont have any other pcitures? id be interested in looking at some to get a good starting point.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha thanks man. so you dont have any other pcitures? id be interested in looking at some to get a good starting point.

I'd go out and get a few, but I've got my leg in a cast as I broke my ankle in 2 places - I won't be driving anywhere for at least 4 weeks. Hopefully we won't have 2 feet of snow when I get the OK to get the cast off.....

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you have in mind for the two tone? Id say no, i like it the way it is, but if its cool looking go for it..

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
black on top, well right under the windows.. black hood and orange atomichoe or orange blownhoe or something like that

Last edited:

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
black on top, well right under the windows.. black hook and orange atomichoe or orange blownhoe or something like that

If you know anybody that does any sort of vinyl printing, have them do up whatever graphics you want on the computer, and have them cut in vinyl. Lay 'em over the truck where you want them, drive with it for a while. If you like 'em, have it painted the same pattern. If not, peel 'em off.

Why take a chance and mess up what is already a gorgeous paint job?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024 Tahoe

Latest posts