Arnott MR3840?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

funnyguyMI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I like the raked stance. Tip for installing - remove the wheel well liners, in front and back. There are 10+ screws in each, but they are easy to remove if you have torx sockets and makes accessing the struts a ton easier. When reinstalling the rear air ride leveling hoses, put the clips back into the rubber boot before pushing the boot onto the shock. The nub on the shock is tapered and will open the spring clip as you push it on. Mush easier than trying to get the spring clip on once the boot is on the shock.

Top5helf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New member, but wanted to thank all of those that commented. I installed the MR-3840's on our 2018 ESV this weekend. Truck has 136,000kms. Main points for anyone else considering:
- RockAuto was seriously fast - 3 days to my door in Canada from California (arrived Jan 3rd).
- Strut top mount hardware included but seem very small compared to factory - single use so get the torque right the first time
- Have a 36" Pry Bar ready - I fought for 2 hours to try and get the new strut into position on top of the lower control arm
- remove both front wheels, and loosen (do not remove) sway bar endlinks - see point above - this made things much easier
- hit the endlink top nuts with penetrant - these required a lot of breaking force and I think they would have broken with an impact

After test ride, big improvement over the blown factory ones. No codes etc

idfresh1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever complete the install of the MR3840s on your yukon xl denali? And if so, how do you like them?
I just finished the installation on the front and rear arott Magna ride shocks with the suspension Max front leveling kit. Boy what a difference. My truck drives and rides like a dream now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar