Arm Rest Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chucktown Mako

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to do some repairs to my 1996 GMC K3500, before I sell it.

One of which is the front solid armrest. It is leather and torn to shreds from wear. The front is a 60/40 split (or 70/30) with the armrest being with the driver's seat. The back seat is a bench, but does have the same armrest in the middle, which is still in perfect condition. I would like to switch these out to make it look a heck of a lot nicer, then disclose to the buyer about the torn armrest.

Anybody know how to remove these? Do you just stick a wrench in between the armrest and seat?

The driver's seat is also torn and tattered, but the buyer will just have to live with this. I have been sinking way too much into this thing lately.

Thanks in advance for the help!

97srad750

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you are looking at the front of the seat you can pull the material back where the armrest connects. When you pull it back enough you'll see a clip and maybe a rubber band in there. Pull it out with some needle nose pliers, and the armrest will slide right out. Put the clip back in, and you can just push the armrest back in when you are done and it'll lock in.

Here are 3 videos, I don't remember which one but 1 of these 3 show it
http://store.theseatshoponline.com/t-faq.aspx

OP
OP
Chucktown Mako

Chucktown Mako

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 97. These videos show the small arm rests that are attached to the seats. Not sure if I specified, but mine is like a bench seat's arm rest, except its a 60/40 split. I gotta do some measuring tonight and see if the rear armrest is the same as the front.
If I can't figure it out, I think The Seat Shop could help me! That is an excellent find. May look at the cost to just replace the leather on the driver's side seat and middle arm rest.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667