Arlington Plant Shut Down Due to Weather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott53

Reaction score
From GM Authority:

"The Arlington Assembly plant in Texas may be offline for longer after unusually cold winter conditions caused significant power outages throughout the state. The automaker cancelled the third shift at Arlington on Sunday due to dangerous road conditions before calling off all three on Sunday. The Arlington plant builds the automaker’s popular and profit-heavy line of full-size SUVs, including the Chevy Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade."

Dave Mathews

Reaction score
Doesn’t look pretty for Texas. They have their own power grid and don’t share with the rest of the USA.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing in Texas will be as big as any hurricane before its over. Thousands of swimming pools lines froze and broke open, sprinkling systems ruined, indoor plumbing froze and split + water damage.
We will all pay in future insurance rate hikes I'm sure....

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The windmills they use for power froze with ice in ice storms and there are rolling black outs in warmer areas to get power to the colder areas. Their grid is not set up for these colder temps.

sheltn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I live in Dallas and ours started that Sunday night and went until Thursday.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck I ordered was built the 11th of February. Just making sure it didn’t get started, stopped in the middle and then finished.