Are these guys insane?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both sun visors are showing their age, dirty from smoking (whoever owned it before) and fabic pulling away a bit in spots. Since I had the headliner replaced, I figured I'd look into visors. Upholstery guy that did the headliner says visors are difficult and don't always go back together well.

So i go to looking today .... used sets full of stains are $80+ and those without stains are $120 or more. Each.

Ummmm ... no.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both sun visors are showing their age, dirty from smoking (whoever owned it before) and fabic pulling away a bit in spots. Since I had the headliner replaced, I figured I'd look into visors. Upholstery guy that did the headliner says visors are difficult and don't always go back together well.

So i go to looking today .... used sets full of stains are $80+ and those without stains are $120 or more. Each.

Ummmm ... no.
check for fitment (crossover) years, on my 2012 the 07-2020 will fit, the benefit being the 15+ are factory led

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t blame you, any used set will probably just dry rot given their age. My son put some from LMC in his 98, they looked pretty good. They were made by Acme and are on Rockauto, Amazon, stockinteriors.com, etc.

That last site will send you free fabric samples and may be able to match your headliner fabric if you have the color code.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like they’re priced by the set. I forgot, LMC just sells the pickup version without the clip on the end. I doubt that the ones at stockinteriors would include the slide-out portion of the visor, though.

IMG_5009.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly recommend Stock Interiors although I haven't seen their visors, only carpet. I see they sell the sets above for either $130 for the lower end version or $159 for the higher end and add $100 if you want the passenger side mirror. Not bad for a pair IMO.

Edit: they state these do NOT have the plastic slide-out visor.

OP
OP
Mean_Green

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those prices are not at all reasonable for such a simple item.

Plus mine has the mirrors and lights, though I'll never use either. I'll check the 'U yank it' yard when I go in a couple of weeks.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean if you don't care about the mirrors, its $80 each for a brand new item made to match your headliner material, with free color samples sent to you so you can match it. Around here, $80 is 30- 45 minutes of labor and that doesn't include materials. Your other option is maybe a bit less for 25 year old visors that probably look more like what you already have. Headliners and visors don't last that long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier