Anyone used one of these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Awhile back I hit a deer, it didn't mess up the actual grille shell, just the stock insert. Since I can't get that piece purchased separately, I decided to go ahead with a billet "cut-out" grill. I am wondering if anyone has used one of these particular grilles and if it is a for sure "remove the old grille and bolt this one in" application....:think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0206184340&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

OP
OP
ecordell

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Guess not lol, I suppose I'll be the guinea pig.......:pinp:

I'll get pics when I get it installed.

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I helped put one on my brother's silverado, we just cut off the black plastic grill portion and then drilled some holes to mount the billet grill, it didnt take more then 20 to 30 minutes to do and looked great.

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
i know on mine it just had like a long threaded bolt that goes through the factory grill and then it has like big wing nuts on the back. it overlays the original grill cuz mine got broken too and i just bolted that on over it and you cant tell at all unless you look really close

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a cut out billet grille on my Tahoe. Wow mine was no where near that Ebay price. Cost me a lot more. The brand is Trenz but, I think They got bought out by Lund. Either way it was a very easy install. The front grille shell on our trucks removes easily and I used a dremel to cut out the black plastic part. Installed new grill using ribets. They look a lot cleaner than the bolt on type. You don't see the black grille behind them and they tuck in better. My Opinion.
DSC00571.jpg

OP
OP
ecordell

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
Right on Cobra, I ordered the one I linked too, it's a cut-out version. I should have it this week and I'll get picks up when I get it and the new billet bow-tie installed. I knew these would be easy installs, just didn't know if anyone knew whether the one I linked was a cut-out or overlay style.

mikeyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup the cut outs are great i have it on my truck cut out the old black one place them in right drill holes for bolts and thats it easy job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts