dash crack fix, has anyone used one of these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDC9966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried some epoxy today, not expecting it to last that long and it doesn't look very good. I've seen the top caps, and today I found this on ebay. Has anyone tried one of these?, it covers it all.
full

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
leaves a lip edge which for some is pretty annoying, but if that doesn't bother you go for it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to use a cover, I'd get that kind since it covers everything and doesn't have an abrupt stopping edge like the "top-only" covers. But, you will still be able to tell it's a cover. At least it'll be a consistent look that does look better than a cracked dash.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see one installed. I replaced mine with new OEM parts because I knew the cover would drive me nuts where it goes around the airbag and stuff. Also note that if your instrument cluster ever needs to come out it looks like you're screwed with that since the curved piece above it needs to come out first and that one is molded in.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upholstery shop should be able to fix and cover whole dash in leather/vinyl, matching vinyl runs about $350 around here....leather about $550

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan