Anyone tried this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to disagree with this scenario in that something like that happening would have to be pretty uncommon, for one it is already fairly uncommon for the average person to ever pop the hood and pressure wash the engine compartment also that the vent line and solenoid are a vacuum system therefore being air-tight and it would make sense that it would also water tight to a certain extent, with the exception if water was aimed just right MAYBE a pretty minute amount could potentially enter the tube, given the solenoid is under the engine cover and under a large portion of the wring harness
Just a quirky thing that I noticed messing with our company trucks over the last 20 or so years. We had a maintenance guy that liked to pressure wash under the hood LOL. His favorite words of advice "It Ain't Gonna Hurt Nutin"

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Jeff Groves

Jeff Groves

Retired Demo Expert. I don't need to run anymore!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tonite will be the first run of the Silverado since I cleared the data. So We shall see what happens.
Still have a lot to learn about this cheap Unit but it's better then running to the parts store for a scan.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I realized it later on. Thx for reminding me :mad: lol.

I'm in the same boat. I have one that does pretty much everything a one-way tool can do. But, it's relatively minimal once you realize that for another $50-$100, you could've had your entire GM OBD2 world in your hands.

OP
OP
Jeff Groves

Jeff Groves

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did a test drive and the check engine is on again. Now I can re-check codes and start working to fix the problems.
I had a choice to get a newer truck or keep this one. I kinda like this one as you won't see another like it.
Plus if I took a new truck? I couldn't smoke in it.

OP
OP
Jeff Groves

Jeff Groves

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After finding out about a big job near Detroit? I'll be doing the Tech 2 soon.
Going to install hardwood flooring in 100 or more apartments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf