Anyone running new headers on the 6.2L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If yes, who? If I have to get a cat welded on my exhaust tube that'll be alright I suppose.

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
damn .... you read my mind. I also want to change my headers and can't find anyone here on the forum that has done theirs yet.

OP
OP
S

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is the cats are integrated on our headers, and the ones I have found don't have them which led to my next problem. I can't find a 3.5" in/out Cat to weld in the exhaust

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You don't need to Steve. The pipe on the cats can be enlarged to fit the headers piping by an exhaust installer in like 1 minute.

OP
OP
S

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to Steve. The pipe on the cats can be enlarged to fit the headers piping by an exhaust installer in like 1 minute.

Fair enough. I'll look into a set, I know it'll be in 5, 6, 7 range for a good and reputable set of headers but should be worth it. New cam sounds like a good idea too :)

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know about this too. My tuner said long tube headers really wake up the 6.2L but then you've gotta do the whole exhaust so I wonder if shorty headers are worth it. On the LS1 f-bodies long tubes are the only headers worth the hassle & expense (usually pick up maybe 10hp with shortys) but I haven't had a lot of experience modifying the gen III/IV truck motors yet.

OP
OP
S

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know about this too. My tuner said long tube headers really wake up the 6.2L but then you've gotta do the whole exhaust so I wonder if shorty headers are worth it. On the LS1 f-bodies long tubes are the only headers worth the hassle & expense (usually pick up maybe 10hp with shortys) but I haven't had a lot of experience modifying the gen III/IV truck motors yet.

Well, if I get the money for it, I'll do it. I think cams will awaken the beast.

OP
OP
S

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well hell, if I ACTUALLY put down 400 at the wheels I would be more than happy. Just need to find a shop with an AWD dyno that can support such a long wheelbase

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12