Anyone having issues with Android Auto constantly connecting/disconnecting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsassan

Reaction score
Since the latest update at the end of Jan, I have noticed my display say Android Auto disconnecting, then reconnecting a LOT compared to in the past. Same phone, no issues in my other car and no issues if I connect via Bluetooth only.

My music never cuts out, but I get the message a lot more often recently.

I have disconnected then reconnected the phone to the car, same issue persists.

Any thoughts?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since the latest update at the end of Jan, I have noticed my display say Android Auto disconnecting, then reconnecting a LOT compared to in the past. Same phone, no issues in my other car and no issues if I connect via Bluetooth only.

My music never cuts out, but I get the message a lot more often recently.

I have disconnected then reconnected the phone to the car, same issue persists.

Any thoughts?
could just be an issue with the update and your particular phone, sometimes they issue a fix sooner or later, in the meantime
if the previous verson worked fine, then go into app's and note the current version (write it down)
unistall android auto, then go online and find the .APK for the previous version and install it.

OP
OP
D

djsassan

Reaction score
could just be an issue with the update and your particular phone, sometimes they issue a fix sooner or later, in the meantime
if the previous verson worked fine, then go into app's and note the current version (write it down)
unistall android auto, then go online and find the .APK for the previous version and install it.
My car was updated, not my phone.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My car was updated, not my phone.
you could try a motorola ma1 that eliminates "update issue's" and works pretty great.
it converts a wired connection to wireless, so I know you have wireless already but if it is giving you problems beyond your control the ma1 is a fix and a workaround.
so unless you are also having wired connection issue's also then it should resolve the problem until they work out the problem they being "gm or google"

if you decide to try the ma1 then before you connect the ma1, remove your phone from the vehicle memory and vehicle from phone memory
then connect to the ma1 only. doing this prevents problems of the wrong thing connecting.
amazon has them for about $100, last time I looked anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019