Anyone else having intermittent wireless CarPlay issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidtriton

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my 21 Yukon Denali for 15 months now and it has connected to my phone using wireless CarPlay fine 99% of the time. This past Friday morning it didn't connect and without me touching anything I saw the screen say it was removing my iPhone 13 and had no devices. I tried for over and hour to add back my phone, my daughters iPhone 12, and my wife's Galaxy 10 and none of them ever saw a bluetooth signal from the vehicle on the phone to start the pairing. Finally I used a lighting cable to connect my phone and after 3 or 4 attempts it added back and then after pairing with the cable it worked wirelessly but now 4 days later it connects half the time and half the time it doesn't. When it doesn't connect it does not show any past connected devices like it used to do. To try to get it working again I have to stop the vehicle, turn it off, open and shut the driver door and start it back up to see if it will connect. I have a MDI with a cracked version of GDS2 and I checked it for codes and it had none for anything pertaining to that. Has anyone else's been flaky recently?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a brief issue when I was messing with the Bluetooth and wifi on/off options on my phone. But after removing and re-pairing stuff through CarPlay it’s been working pretty well. Every 15-2 starts it will act up and not connect, but the following time I start the vehicle it will connect fine.

I have had issues with wifi interference where it disconnects on the screen with that message. Tends to mostly occur in rural areas (I live in Iowa) that blast wifi signals all over the countryside to get internet access to farm houses. That’s a bit annoying if I’m playing music through CarPlay.

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first set up Android Auto, it just wouldn't do it using BT. When I tried with a cable, it worked fine, and following that the BT connection also worked. Haven't had an issue with it since, other than when I'm using the wireless charger and the wife's Android phone is on the cable charger. Then we get all kinds of messages about connection, yes, no, cancel and that process goes on for several iterations before the system will default back to my phone.

31miles

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What you can do is to try to charge cell phone on their wireless charger close to the radio then 100% of the time my connection does happen right away and Android auto kick off !

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably not the solution but something just to check. I had an issue one day with not getting car play to work and couldn’t figure out what was going on until I realized my phones Wi-Fi wasn’t turned on. After I turned on the Wi-Fi on my phone, it connected to my Yukon in like 3 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons