Anybody with a 15 yukon get a cargo box yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new cargo box. I was looking at the Thule Sonic XXL not sure if it was too big. I don't want it to rub when trunk opens? Did anyone get one of these yet? If so, which one? Thanks

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the Yakima Skybox and at the time I bought it several years ago I believe it was their largest one length-wise. It fits with plenty of room to spare on front and back so no issues with liftgate on my XL. Their are 4 potential mounting positions for the cross rails, so there are some options as far as front to rear placement of the box also depending on the particular box mounting locations (which are typically adjustable to some degree as well)

Obviously the non-XL will have different roof dimensions, but I would think the box would have to be larger than mine to be problematic anyway.

If it would be of any help, I would be happy to send some pix of mine on the XL if you PM your email.

cboyette

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever get the Thule Sonic XXL? If so, how do you like it? Any problems?

OP
OP
zolt11

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Zero issues at all. Got it from Amazon and holds a ton of stuff. Its my second one. First one was a large or xl.. Had it on the roof of a lexus rx350 until wife drove it threw garage door opening. The xxl fits yukon great! secure and stylish and holds up well in the conditions. No water from rain, traveling up to 85mph. wouldn't not reccomend going that fast but had plenty of weight holding and it is aerodynamic. Prob had close to 12 -14 bags of stuff up there. def reccomend..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAUDADES333