Anybody manage to MacGyver a Lock for center console or glovebox on 04 Yukon Denali xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brisolle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sometimes have to leave my key with parking lot attendants and am trying to MacGyver a way to lock center console or glovebox on 04 Yukon Denali xl. Any ideas. I've searched the Net but couldn't find anything. My 02 had a locking center console.

OP
OP
B

Brisolle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cHecked it out. Looks good. Giving myself a week before deciding to spend the 3 bills.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm laughing, waiting for HiHoe, Swath, Rocket, or Snow to post up a DIY, because I've never seen one that wasn't an expensive aftermarket.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm laughing, waiting for HiHoe, Swath, Rocket, or Snow to post up a DIY, because I've never seen one that wasn't an expensive aftermarket.

Not I said the fly. It has been on my wish list for a long time, but low in the queue. My original train of thought was the old switcheroo from a denali or silvy, but didn't really go down the research road.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could just put a different lock with a different key, then stash the key somewhere in the vehicle. My Silverado doesn't have a locking gas cap cover on it. I had it for 6 months before I caught someone in the act of siphoning fuel. I went and bought a locking gas cap and keep the key in the ash tray with the change.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
More my question: Do you want to just keep curious fingers out - that something like a cammed cylinder obstructing the latch mechanism or sliding into plastic would work?

Or do you need something that would keep someone out who's actively trying to get in?

Bart Hinder

Reaction score
I sometimes have to leave my key with parking lot attendants and am trying to MacGyver a way to lock center console or glovebox on 04 Yukon Denali xl. Any ideas. I've searched the Net but couldn't find anything. My 02 had a locking center console.

Was '02 the only year a locking console was offered? I'm inspired. Time to prowl around the junkyard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2