any tips on changin the #8 spark plug???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robbob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, New here.

Just wanted to add to Monolith092068's post..
First of all I didn't feel like yanking the wheel and inner well so my stubborn self had to try my own way... (FAIL,OUCH,My arms hurt now from the cuts)
So I Saw Monoliths Post and taped a 3/4 short to my 5/8 SPARK plug socket.. (Perfect length) ..
Now here's my two cents..
If you have meat hooks with five sausages for hands then this may still be too tight... So just pop the bolt for the dipstick and slide it out, and that will increase the room enough to get your meat hooks in there...
Great idea, thank you. Just wanted to add to it... Now next time maybe I'll come here first.. Haha
Sorry I see post is old but maybe someone will benefit..
Edit.. Thanks to my wonderful organizational skills couldn't find my swivels... So I was limited in positioning also..

Last edited:

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just laid on the top of the engine and pulled mine out. Took a bit longer just from cutting hands on the heat shield but other than that no issues.

JML07denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went in the right wheel well. Took down the fender liner and it took me less than 5 minutes to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

millerladam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the first seven and plug wires at home then go to best friends house for BBQ and birthday party and ask him to do #8 since he is better at it and doesn't have "girly" hands like you do.

Note: I am a software developer and systems engineer which is why I have "girly" hands. It still took my friend about 45 minutes to do them and the only reason I did not try it myself was because I saw how much of a pain it would be and we were already late for the birthday party.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can lay on the motor and change it. Key to remember is let the motor cool all the way. Don't lean on the heater hoses!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01