Any success stopping Tail Light condensation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spikeyhaired1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after car washes, my tail lights develop very light condensation inside. i am assuming that this is not normal. has anyone that has experienced this had any luck stopping it? any suggestions on DIY fix? I am thinking of just adding more sealant around all areas and double checking the bulb connections to the tail light as well. thanks for any ideas and input! i checked with the dealership and they said it would not be covered under the CPO warranty... :(

SgtCookeUSMC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
after car washes, my tail lights develop very light condensation inside. i am assuming that this is not normal. has anyone that has experienced this had any luck stopping it? any suggestions on DIY fix? I am thinking of just adding more sealant around all areas and double checking the bulb connections to the tail light as well. thanks for any ideas and input! i checked with the dealership and they said it would not be covered under the CPO warranty... :(

What are you driving? I feel like I've seen this issue posted here on the GMC vehicles. I don't know if it's as much a sealant issue rather than a venting issue.

OP
OP
S

spikeyhaired1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What are you driving? I feel like I've seen this issue posted here on the GMC vehicles. I don't know if it's as much a sealant issue rather than a venting issue.

Sorry, 2015 Yukon Denali. I did a search for condensation and didn't come up with much on this site. interesting thought on venting. never thought of that..

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sorry, 2015 Yukon Denali. I did a search for condensation and didn't come up with much on this site. interesting thought on venting. never thought of that..
I've spread a thin bead of silicone around the inner edge of the entire lens along with dilectic(sp?)grease on the little gasket where the bulb socket goes into the lens. Works for me.

OP
OP
S

spikeyhaired1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hmmm.. maybe i leave it alone as that could be the design and functionality?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found that my wife's Camry (with halogens) does have enough heat but, the moisture still leaves waterspots on the inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts