Any Spark Plug Experts out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the experts in here knowledgeable on spark plugs. Pulled these out of my 2015 Yukon Denali XL with the 6.2liter at 120K.

I know spark plugs tell a story to a trained eye and I think these plugs look pretty decent given the amount of mileage. There's obvious chipping to the insulator on #7 and some plugs (to me) look a little ashy or maybe that's normal deposit and some look different possibly to the DOD? Looking to see if someone can make an experienced/educated observation on these. The motor is stock outside the addition of a Range DOD delete chip and catch can installed at about 115K. All seems ok/running well with new plugs and wires.

SparkPlugsUsed.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With the mileage on them, I believe they look just fine. The deposits are to be expected. I wonder what fuel you use? The chipping of the insulator can be from pinging from improper fuel octane and maybe the quality of fuel as well. IMO, I would stick with what you got as far as new plugs and wires but would review the fuel choice. I could be wrong and the fuel is A-O-K but am curious about the fuel. Looks like the engine is running fine.

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Only using Top Tier 91 octane myself but purchased the vehicles with 100K.

Ended up putting in OEM AC Delco 41114 #12622441 Iridium plugs & AC Delco 758EE #19301299 OEM Wire replacements. Torqued the plugs to 13ft-lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98