any "Ducks Unlimited" owners out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck with the DU purchase. we should start some sort of registry to see how many of these turn up! i have an a/c thing gong on as well.. going to pick up the recharge kit at autozone since the compressor seems to be cycling, so i think its just low. the front windows on mine arent tinted, i dont think im going to do it... here in NJ i dont feel like being pulled over for it.

on a side note... those of us with black trucks must have some sort of sadistic side.... man they are beautiful when clean ... but damn!

Last edited:

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it finally! Nothing like buying from a lawyer to make things difficult! No video system though. Not that I need one anyway. I thought I had aftermarket wheels, but they look the same as yours. Must be stock. Sadistic? You said it. We have thick clouds of blue flies right now and you can see each and every speck where they hit the Tahoe! And what is it with the stupid little radio knobs disintegrating? My Safari, which had the same radio in it, did the same thing.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
congrats on the purchase. about the wheels , they are american racing units. the place where i had my alignment done wouldnt believe me that they came with the truck. i had to explain how this was a special order conversion and they must have been approved by somebody at GM for use on their vehicles.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many years were these made? Love the seats, great truck

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question for any DU owners... i have some sort of storage tray / bracket something on the pass side top of the dash ... above the airbag. this is too big to be a place to put pens.... what the hell is it!

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the front windows on mine arent tinted, i dont think im going to do it... here in NJ i dont feel like being pulled over for it.

Mine is the same, so that must be standard on these.

Are you talking about that indent on top of the dash above the airbag? I can't imagine anything placed there staying put under any kind of braking or acceleration!

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about that indent on top of the dash above the airbag? I can't imagine anything placed there staying put under any kind of braking or acceleration!

yes im talking about exactly that... it seems like someone really went out of their way to overdesign just a pen-holder! im wondering if it was meant for some other feature of the truck or special piece of equipment. i have a feeling one day i will see another truck and say "so thats what that thing was meant for "!!!!

Last edited:

trevcda

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Love quoting myself! My friend and I went on a road trip this weekend and without thinking he put is cell phone and eyeglasses case in there and it fit perfect. And despite my predictions above, everything stayed put.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that thing looks plush. You found that in jersey?

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that thing looks plush. You found that in jersey?

was a bigtime score... one of my best in all my car buying years. i took a couple hour drive to lancaster pennsylvania. turns out the dealer that had it for sale was the dealer that service it all its life. how rare is that these days for one of these trucks. and being a pennsy truck , its about as rust free as you can find. some guy took this thing out in summer only or something!

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Love quoting myself! My friend and I went on a road trip this weekend and without thinking he put is cell phone and eyeglasses case in there and it fit perfect. And despite my predictions above, everything stayed put.

ok that is enough proof for me. at least now i know it wasnt for some rare option liek a "duck finder" or something :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98