Android auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phottomatt

Reaction score
Android auto is super buggy, 2017 Yukon XL Denali. It seems to only connect if i do things in the correct order, problem is i don't know what that order is. Sometimes I plug in phone before start and it comes up after a few minutes, most of the time not. Sometimes i plug in after i start the engine but before releasing the parking brake. I do not understand why the parking break has to be engaged, that means you have to stop and engage the brake just to get it to work. Is it suppose to work over Bluetooth? Mine does not, ever, so I have to plug it in. Does the plug location matter?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try a new usb cable, high quality, shorter if possible and use the usb plug in inside the center console. Parking brake shouldn't matter but might if you are using a aftermarket radio and it is the 1st time connecting. 2017 does not have wireless android but will have regular bluetooth.

OP
OP
phottomatt

phottomatt

Reaction score
Samsung cable was my next guess. I actually get a message on the DIC if I try to turn on Android auto without parking brake set.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my 18 connects within seconds of me plugging it in, anytime driving, parked, etc, doesn't matter, never says anything about the parking brake.
should be the same radio module as my 18, you might want to check with the dealer and see if there is a software update available for the radio.

OP
OP
phottomatt

phottomatt

Reaction score
20220607_150428.jpg
Tried 3 different cords, I get these messages all the time but there's nothing on my phone. Screenshot_20220607-150436_MTP application.jpg

OP
OP
phottomatt

phottomatt

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I had autolaunch on when connected to bluetooth so I think that was confusing the vehicle.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, use a high quality USB cable 1 ft. long. I like my Android Auto, when it is working correctly. For me, each time that Android Auto updates its software, I have problems connecting, and I have to restart my phone to get it to work again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar