Always on fog light trick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone do the wiring trick yet that makes it so the fog lights are always on when the headlights are on(doesn't matter if low beams or high beams)?

Did it in our '15 Suburban and '11 Escalade with Intellibeam which still worked and when high beams were on so were fog lights.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of threads on this topic in this Forum. Other folks will chime in on those details.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a number of threads on this topic in this Forum. Other folks will chime in on those details.

I searched and didn't see any specific to the '21's. Looking in the manual I don't see the fog light fuse, I have the cable made already with a diode, just need to figure out the placement.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a jumper from the fog light relay to the park light circuit. You need to have some wiring and soldering skills.

So as long as my park lights are on, the fog lights are on. Bonus to that method is when I throw the high beams on the fog lights stay on as well.

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a jumper from the fog light relay to the park light circuit. You need to have some wiring and soldering skills.

So as long as my park lights are on, the fog lights are on. Bonus to that method is when I throw the high beams on the fog lights stay on as well.

I already have the cable made with the diode and everything. I just couldn't figure out the pins from looking at the manual for the fuse box.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I already have the cable made with the diode and everything. I just couldn't figure out the pins from looking at the manual for the fuse box.

Yeah I used a multi-meter to probe the relay and find the right point

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I used a multi-meter to probe the relay and find the right point

On a 2021? I think the relay was removed from what I can tell so far and is inside the exterior lighting control module now.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a 2021? I think the relay was removed from what I can tell so far and is inside the exterior lighting control module now.

The process should be similar if you have the knowledge or ability to read a wiring diagram

sharper4

Reaction score
Just wanted to revive this. I have a 2022 Yukon and am curious if anyone has figured out how to make the fog lights come on automatically when the parking / driving lights turn on. The old brown pigtail by the drivers footwell doesn't exist, so I wonder if it can't be controlled behind the physical switch. Anyone have any success?

OP
OP
G

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't found anything, it uses PW signalling now and there is a single relay that goes to the exterior lighting module. When I get to my computer I'll post the schematics I found.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287