Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joneill89

Reaction score
Placed an order for a premium luxury platinum Escalade ESV on Sept 18th and it still hasn't been picked up by GM. My dealership has been telling me I'm second on their list since October and I am starting to get impatient. They just got in and sold FIVE Escalades. I'm driving a Volvo xc90 with 4 kids in car seats and we are bursting at the seams. Should I place an order with another dealership?

I did call another dealership and was told they don't have any allocations this month but will have more in January. Do dealerships get a certain amount of allocations per month? I always thought they got allocations based on sold units.

malba2366

Reaction score
Placed an order for a premium luxury platinum Escalade ESV on Sept 18th and it still hasn't been picked up by GM. My dealership has been telling me I'm second on their list since October and I am starting to get impatient. They just got in and sold FIVE Escalades. I'm driving a Volvo xc90 with 4 kids in car seats and we are bursting at the seams. Should I place an order with another dealership?

I did call another dealership and was told they don't have any allocations this month but will have more in January. Do dealerships get a certain amount of allocations per month? I always thought they got allocations based on sold units.
Dealer gets allocations based on previous sales and whatever other formula GM uses
The dealer decides the priority of which car gets built when they get an allocation... so there are 2 possibilities:

1. They didn't get an allocation for a Platinum Trim, and got allocations for 5 of the lower trim.
2. Your deal is at MSRP or at a discount, and they thought they could bring in inventory cars and sell them for more than what you are paying,.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz