All new suspension parts list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
98 2 door Tahoe 5.7L 4WD

OK, the suspension on my Tahoe is getting really bad today, took it into my trusted mechanic and he threw it up on the lift. Man, just about everything needs to be replaced :( Based on the items he told me to get, the list I assembled is below.

Monroe 911086 Reflex x2
Monroe 911511 Reflex x2
ACDelco 45C0045 Pitman Arm x1
Moog K6722 Steering Idler Arm Bracket x1
Moog K6447 Steering Idler Arm x1

The items I had questions are as follows. Does Moog make a complete front lower control arm that includes the ball joint? On rockauto all the Moog ones only show RWD, not 4WD. Which all-on-one control arms do I want? I see that Moog has a couple different sway bar links for the front, and rear. Also which wheel bearings do I need? And tie-rods?

Also, mechanic said my steering gear box is leaking.....anyone know where to find the cheapest price on an Ac Delco remmaned one? Everywhere I look they are $300+.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Would not get a complete control arm if not needed. Just replace the bushings and ball joint if needed. Remand delco's go for about $220 on amazon.

OP
OP
K

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at Moog part RK620160 and RK620161, but they say for RWD. Not sure if they work for 4WD, or 2WD only. And again those are only the front uppers, I still need them for the lowers?

Edit1: According to moogs site, RK620160 and RK620161 are for the upper controller arms in 4WD vehicles, but I still need lowers.

Edit2: Also, do I need parts Moog DS1407 (Steering Center Link Tie Rod End) and ES2004S (Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeve)?

Edit3: E-mailed moog, their response was that RK620720 and RK620719 are the two parts for the complete upper control arms w/ball joints if its 4WD, however I can't find these on either amazon or rockauto, what gives? So I still need to find out what lowers I have, size wise.

Last edited:

96whitetahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just change the ball joints and bushings and save a couple hundred. If you're doing the bearings as well, you need the 4wd bearing hub assembly with abs. IIRC rock auto had them at 140 a piece. 3 bolts, in and out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

97WhiteYukon

Reaction score
I ordered that part number center link but havnt installed it yet, but Im pretty sure thats the one apart from seeing it on the truck myself. Thats the right part number for the sleeves, I just installed moog inner and outer tie rods with those sleeves and they fit perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuckchill

Latest posts