Airaid Jr Intake System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running this set up? There is a thread on this in the 2015-2020 forums. I don't see the point in buying a new box when the stock one works fine. I don't like the gargantuan stock tube with the sound deadening baffles.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the baffles look ***** to some, but they actually have valuable reasons to be there. They help to reduce pumping losses to increase engine efficiency. They also act as air reservoirs for the turbulence created from the pistons moving up and down with valves constanty moving. And, they also quiet the intake for the passenger compartment.

A straight tube is usually only beneficial at WOT, or dang close. High load and high TPS position.

Another thing to consider is the fine oil film on most of those filters. I could lead to MAF sensor issues over time.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought the tube and filter. Looks great and adds a liitle more throaty sound. It doesn’t double the horsepower or anything like that, but does make it easier to see the belt and front of the engine. I had one on my previous tahoe and like this one as well. Recommended.

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the baffles look ***** to some, but they actually have valuable reasons to be there. They help to reduce pumping losses to increase engine efficiency. They also act as air reservoirs for the turbulence created from the pistons moving up and down with valves constanty moving. And, they also quiet the intake for the passenger compartment.

A straight tube is usually only beneficial at WOT, or dang close. High load and high TPS position.

Another thing to consider is the fine oil film on most of those filters. I could lead to MAF sensor issues over time.

Yeah no oiled filters for me!

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got this in over the weekend. Install, fit and finish are pretty solid. I honestly feel this is the better option. You retain the stock air box that offers some insulation versus a thin metal barrier. I went with the dry washable filter.

+ seems like a solid product.
- I wish the tube was offered in a different material such as carbon fiber, stainless, or painted.

IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4268.jpeg

IMG_4275.jpeg

IMG_4276.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal