Air ride question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
but in the front youhave the weight of the engine. and not every car is the same. on my ram truck it was not at an angle, but on the nnbs style truck you have to have an angle for it to work properly.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean on the AWD or all GMT900 platform trucks? My dually has a much heavier engine than anything offered in a SUV chassis (Duramax) and my back if vertical. Attached to the lower control arms and through the upper to the frame. The rear setup is bag over axle and 4 linked. What I am trying to understand is why the bags "have" to be up on an angle. I can only think you need to do it that way since you can't attach the bag to the lower and retain the AWD. My question is why not take the bag and mount it vertically to the frame and upper control arms with a heim joint instead of a ball joint? Just wondering why it wouldn't work better?

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
you have a very good question. i canonly answer from experience. when i did the brackets fro the front on my 07 tahoe. they the upper and lower brackets where almost in the same axis, tha was on the driver side. the pass was of axis. when we lifted the truck the pass side whent up fast as hell but the drivers side got stuck then it went up.
when i saw the dirferernce, i set the drivers side like the pass side with the brackets off axis giving me that acordion effect. and it went up just like the pass side. thats my experince. that is my conclusion hahaha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975