Air ride (Of course)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elroy06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!
Thanks for allowing me to post a a few questions here.
2016 SLT with 77k. Air suspension ran continuously and seems to have burnt out before I could check my bags for leaks or replace.
Now it seems that I am going to need compressor and two rear shocks. Questions are as follows:
Would it make sense to get all new OEM from rockauto or similar? Which ones are compatible as i've read that arnotts are not with magnaride... Do I have magnaride?
Basically, if you could link me to the correct OEM replacements that are sure fit.
Also should mention that I pull a 6K camper frequently so I'm also wondering if I could delete air ride completely and use those manual air assists in the coil? If I delete, am I sacrificing the towability? Parts and info on delete appreciated.
Would it make any sense at all to go get the stock suspension and compressor from a yard for replacement? Theres a few in my area with 70-90k miles... I just feel they all blow in that mile range.
In conclusion, I am trying to maintain good towing capability and also not really interested in spending too much for top performance or upgrades.

Thanks Yukhoes!

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noticed the air compressor on my 15 was turning on more than usual the other day.

Drivers side rear is leaking magnetic fluid out air bladder. A couple small crack's at the base of the cuff and a gash above that. Ordered PN: TRQ PAA69886.

The rear passenger side shock is tricky fishing a socket through the A/C lines and wiring loom..

PXL_20220304_031921334.jpg
PXL_20220304_032007729.jpg
PXL_20220304_032037329.jpg

I remember reading there's a compressor assembly fix unit that prevents the relay from over-heating and staying on in the event of a leak. Pretty sure that was rockauto.

Check out your RPO codes which are usually in the glove to see which shocks you have, otherwise they should have a sicker on them with a P/N.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I recently went through the replacement of my air suspension system, as the previous owner deleted the air system and replaced with cheap coilovers (presumably because he did not want to invest in replacing the system with new OEM parts, as they are not cheap). My recommendation to you is that you replace the rear shocks with OEM parts, and the compressor with an OEM unit or a Dorman unit ($100 cheaper).

To be sure that you purchase the correct part numbers, please post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe will provide you with the correct replacement part numbers for the shocks and compressor (one of the great advantages of belonging to this Forum). Then price shop at RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, or GMPartsDirect.com. My guess is that you are looking at about $800 for the parts, and you can replace them yourself in a day's work or less.

OP
OP
E

Elroy06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all!
Thanks for allowing me to post a a few questions here.
2016 SLT with 77k. Air suspension ran continuously and seems to have burnt out before I could check my bags for leaks or replace.
Now it seems that I am going to need compressor and two rear shocks. Questions are as follows:
Would it make sense to get all new OEM from rockauto or similar? Which ones are compatible as i've read that arnotts are not with magnaride... Do I have magnaride?
Basically, if you could link me to the correct OEM replacements that are sure fit.
Also should mention that I pull a 6K camper frequently so I'm also wondering if I could delete air ride completely and use those manual air assists in the coil? If I delete, am I sacrificing the towability? Parts and info on delete appreciated.
Would it make any sense at all to go get the stock suspension and compressor from a yard for replacement? Theres a few in my area with 70-90k miles... I just feel they all blow in that mile range.
In conclusion, I am trying to maintain good towing capability and also not really interested in spending too much for top performance or upgrades.

Thanks Yukhoes!

Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I recently went through the replacement of my air suspension system, as the previous owner deleted the air system and replaced with cheap coilovers (presumably because he did not want to invest in replacing the system with new OEM parts, as they are not cheap). My recommendation to you is that you replace the rear shocks with OEM parts, and the compressor with an OEM unit or a Dorman unit ($100 cheaper).

To be sure that you purchase the correct part numbers, please post the last 8 digits of your VIN, and @915_Tahoe will provide you with the correct replacement part numbers for the shocks and compressor (one of the great advantages of belonging to this Forum). Then price shop at RockAuto.com, GMPartsGiant.com, or GMPartsDirect.com. My guess is that you are looking at about $800 for the parts, and you can replace them yourself in a day's work or less.
Thanks so much for the info! Last digits of the VIN are GR178487

Attachments

• IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 8

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member