Air lift help bags 5303 coils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which air lift helper bag kit we need to get with the 5305 coils? Is it the same one as a regular tahoe?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured the short bags I have and came up with 4.875" wide x 5.75" tall. Putting these numbers into the kit finder in the link above gives me a part number of 60914. This is a part number for a kit and not the air spring itself. If you want just the air spring, you'll probably have to contact Air Lift to get that part number.

I also tried a hair smaller with 4.5" wide x 5.5" tall and was referred to the same part number.

Oh- 60742 is a kit part number as well and is not the part number for the spring.

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I measured the short bags I have and came up with 4.875" wide x 5.75" tall. Putting these numbers into the kit finder in the link above gives me a part number of 60914. This is a part number for a kit and not the air spring itself. If you want just the air spring, you'll probably have to contact Air Lift to get that part number.

I also tried a hair smaller with 4.5" wide x 5.5" tall and was referred to the same part number.

Oh- 60742 is a kit part number as well and is not the part number for the spring.

Thank you for the information it's been very helpful. When you installed urs did u put the nipple on the bags up or down? I'm also assuming the bags go towards the bottom away from the compressed/dead coils?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information it's been very helpful. When you installed urs did u put the nipple on the bags up or down? I'm also assuming the bags go towards the bottom away from the compressed/dead coils?

I actually haven't installed them. I have two different sets of the Air Lift bags and these are the shorter ones. They were all included in a package deal for a drop kit I bought years ago. I may actually end up using the taller ones once I figure out what rear springs I'm gonna use cuz I'm not totally satisfied with the ones I'm running now. I'm wanting the 5305s.

IIRC, the instructions said to put the nipple at the top and run it through the spacer. The bags are supposed to fill the entire inside of the coil spring with the vehicle resting on them at ride height. Also, from what I've read and seen, the dead coils of the 5305 go to the top. I guess Tony would be the authority on this, but I've read older and newer posts where he's said both. Unless I'm missing something, I don't see why it would matter if both ends of the spring are wound to the same ID and if the perches are shaped the same.

Is there any way you could measure the height (from pad to pad) and inside width of your 5305s with the weight of the vehicle on them? If you can get me a number, I can compare it to the other set of bags I have.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts