air inlet grill (trim piece around antenna)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boz86

Reaction score
The cowl trim piece around my antenna failed. One of the posts with the metal insert snapped off sometime in the past year or two. I decided to buy a new one from GM https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-panel-asm-air-inl-grl-marked-p-15753702.html
1684503290932.png

I did this because I don't really want to just glue the old one down but I need to do something because at 65mph or so it starts banging around.

Now I'm thinking I buy a new one. There's three posts with the snap in metal pieces, how hard could it be?

Just hard enough I can't get it to snap. Anyone know if I have to loosen the right front quarterpanel or the antenna mast for this to snap down? I'm also thinking heat gun but that seems excessive for an OEM part fitment.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cowl trim piece around my antenna failed. One of the posts with the metal insert snapped off sometime in the past year or two. I decided to buy a new one from GM https://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-panel-asm-air-inl-grl-marked-p-15753702.html
View attachment 399715

I did this because I don't really want to just glue the old one down but I need to do something because at 65mph or so it starts banging around.

Now I'm thinking I buy a new one. There's three posts with the snap in metal pieces, how hard could it be?

Just hard enough I can't get it to snap. Anyone know if I have to loosen the right front quarterpanel or the antenna mast for this to snap down? I'm also thinking heat gun but that seems excessive for an OEM part fitment.
from pictures it looks like it just snaps in, you could try heating it up with a heatgun or in the oven so it becomes slightly more flexible and try it that way.
you just want it warm, not melted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01