Air Flow Issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nosferatu49534

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why in my '99 tahoe there is little to no air movement coming out of the vents. I have looked at the motor that changes the damper position from floor, defrost and mid vents. It does seem to be working fine as it moves when you change the control position. The air flow is decent on the defrost and mid vent settings but the floor position I can barely feel anything. Just wondering is any one has any ideas/ suggestions as to what this could be. Thanks in advance.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Perhaps the evaporator is clogged reducing airflow. Air moves thru it no matter what mode of operation or airflow direction you have set. or the ducting inside the dash has come loose.

OP
OP
Nosferatu49534

Nosferatu49534

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Will I need the take the dash apart to get to the evaporator? I'm ok with doing it. Just want to plan on the amount of time to leave my self.

OP
OP
Nosferatu49534

Nosferatu49534

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well got to the evaporator. And it was spotless. Felt around and Maby a couple leaves in the bottom. I will have to just dig deeper in the dash. I'll update with what I find. Thanks for the suggestions so far though. :)

OP
OP
Nosferatu49534

Nosferatu49534

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup. That was my first thought.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

I made a discovery while on my way home. There were some papers on my dash and even though my vent was on floor, most of the air was coming out of the defrost. So I'm assuming that the door is not in the correct position.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

And also I reread what u posted. I'm not sure on separate linkages. I'll have to check that.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
that motor above the gas pedal branches of to two separate visible linkages the move two separate doors inside the box. they are right along side each other.