After all that work...probably getting rid of the Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad he is keeping it. Maybe now you'll change out the transmission fluid? ;) That said, both my daughters are in high mileage vehicles -- My oldest has a 2003 Lincoln. I have the title on it, but she gets the title when she completes college (1 semester left, but she is working and taking 1-2 classes at night). She anticipates driving it for another year or two beyond that. My other daughter has a 2003 Sierra Denali. She had originally wanted a mini truck, but I misunderstood. As you may have picked up, she is the "baby" of the family, and is the first child to have a vehicle purchased just for them. All the others were hand-me-downs from dad.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, while I did not take it the same as others here may have, this sure sounds like you are mad at the son after all the work on the rig and now he is wanting something different/newer. If he can buy a new vehicle when he wants, like you just said, then why the statement about a dilemma whether to keep the Yukon or buy a new car with the HELP of selling the Yukon to help him buy new. The complete story that is eventually shared is a whole new scenario. We see this all the time when someone asks about problems on their rigs and then after 100 questions we finally get the whole story on post 20 or so.
I'm confused what the OP is wanting to hear. I mean if he can afford to pay cash for Damm near any car he wants, why are we even having the discussion??

OP
OP
S

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad he is keeping it. Maybe now you'll change out the transmission fluid? ;) That said, both my daughters are in high mileage vehicles -- My oldest has a 2003 Lincoln. I have the title on it, but she gets the title when she completes college (1 semester left, but she is working and taking 1-2 classes at night). She anticipates driving it for another year or two beyond that. My other daughter has a 2003 Sierra Denali. She had originally wanted a mini truck, but I misunderstood. As you may have picked up, she is the "baby" of the family, and is the first child to have a vehicle purchased just for them. All the others were hand-me-downs from dad.
I asked my transmission guy about that and he said to leave it as changing it out could create a problem.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked my transmission guy about that and he said to leave it as changing it out could create a problem.
Sorry, was attempting humor. If you really want to flush/clean out the system, at an external transmission filter. There are write ups on this site. This will increased transmission fluid capacity, slightly. Then you just change the filter every so often -- I think the write ups have interval suggestions -- and top off as necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts