After 7.5 months told order not accepted???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine as well, it would be interesting to follow the journeys of our two trucks (assuming they will actually be built). I ordered mine back in Jan and got accepted early April with TPW of 5/16. I’m in Northern California and hoping to get it by July just in time for our planned summer trip (but not getting my hopes up).

Did yours get built? Mine did and I found out on 5/18, VIN and window sticker almost immediately. No ETA on delivery yet. Here are my basic specs in case you wanna compare:

Tahoe LT 4WD
LM2
Max Tow
LT Signature Package (includes lux package and max tow)
Second row captains chairs
Final destination = Nashville

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did yours get built? Mine did and I found out on 5/18, VIN and window sticker almost immediately. No ETA on delivery yet. Here are my basic specs in case you wanna compare:

Tahoe LT 4WD
LM2
Max Tow
LT Signature Package (includes lux package and max tow)
Second row captains chairs
Final destination = Nashville

According to GM chat mine was built when I checked with them on 5/20. However they would not provide the VIN nor any other updates. They keep referring to dealer but my dealer is super unresponsive and completely useless. I asked for VIN more than a week ago and nothing still. I assume you got all that info from your dealer?

Suburban LS 4WD
LM2
Max Tow
Driver Alert package
20” wheels
Front bench seat
Final destination = SF Bay Area

Btw - very nice rig you have! I was torn on getting the poverty spec, but really wanted the front bench (have a lot of kids!). Let me know how it goes!

kernss

Reaction score
According to GM chat mine was built when I checked with them on 5/20. However they would not provide the VIN nor any other updates. They keep referring to dealer but my dealer is super unresponsive and completely useless. I asked for VIN more than a week ago and nothing still. I assume you got all that info from your dealer?

Suburban LS 4WD
LM2
Max Tow
Driver Alert package
20” wheels
Front bench seat
Final destination = SF Bay Area

Btw - very nice rig you have! I was torn on getting the poverty spec, but really wanted the front bench (have a lot of kids!). Let me know how it goes!
Same with me. I received an email from Chevy C.S. that stated our RST LM2 had been built on 5/23. The 26th I requested a vin and window sticker from Chevy chat but was told they couldn’t provide me any information. I would need to contact the dealer. I also asked them for an address to forward my issues/lack of information to Chevy executive in which I was told there isn’t anyone to contact. I talked with my dealer and requested a vin but haven’t received it yet.
Chevy customer service leaves a lot to be desired and room for improvement!
Just be honest with me. I’m a grown adult that can wait but want the truth.

OBSSSD

Reaction score
So I’ve been checking with GM monthly since we placed our order in September for a Yukon xl diesel Denali. I’ve been told the order was accepted but no targeted production week. The last few times I’ve reached out it is NO LONGER ACCEPTED. We ordered from Dave Smith who’s supposed to be one of the biggest and they can give no info EVER. Should we just jump ship? I feel like I don’t really trust this company anymore…anyone been waiting this long and have similar experience?
By the time my 23' shows up in late May it will almost 9 month wait for my new diesel Surburban. Sign of the times I guess!

SCMomentum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered my Premier end of January '22...still has not been officially accepted by Chevrolet. Absolute joke. I haven't moved on or searched elsewhere because I am in no rush but nonetheless...shyteshow.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my Premier end of January '22...still has not been officially accepted by Chevrolet. Absolute joke. I haven't moved on or searched elsewhere because I am in no rush but nonetheless...shyteshow.
Do an inventory search - on the Chevy site. I see 27 Premier Suburbans and 54 Tahoes with the Duramax, either in transit or at dealerships. Not sure where you're located but do a similar search and start making some calls. A one way plane ticket and a tank or two of fuel is nothing in the grand scheme of it all.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does your dealer have an allocation available? I don't think there is much on constraint, if anything right now.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do an inventory search - on the Chevy site. I see 27 Premier Suburbans and 54 Tahoes with the Duramax, either in transit or at dealerships. Not sure where you're located but do a similar search and start making some calls. A one way plane ticket and a tank or two of fuel is nothing in the grand scheme of it all.
While this is true, from someone who played that game... 98% of these are presold and they just show up as inventory to get you to call. There are a FEW out there that are not spoken for, but they are rare as hens' teeth. There is also NO discounts on any Diesel and usually a markup....

TheAgency

Reaction score
Yesterday I found a 2023 Denali on the GMC.com inventory section, in transit. I figure it's a long shot, most of these are spoken for, but might as well call. I had my credit card out for a deposit while waiting for the receptionist to transfer me to a sales rep. Lupient GMC in Minnesota.

To my surprise, available!

I was all set to put my name on it before he goes "let me tell you about our pricing structure": They wanted $3k over sticker if I financed with them for at least 6 months, or $6k over sticker if I didn't. Walking in with cash was the last thing they wanted.

It's not 2021 pandemic days any more guys. Out of principle, I can't hand the dealership a 6 grand tip.

While I'm not a Rivian enthusiast, I recently saw their order process which seems glaringly simple and straightforward. Order online, upload your info, be an adult and wait a reasonable timeframe with the expectation of communication/status updates along the way. The joke will be on the dealers if they keep this stuff up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645