Adjustable pedals stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was showing my friend my super cool adjustable pedals and in the middle of it they stopped working lol.

I hear a click, but no movement.

The 15 amp fuse under the hood is fine as well.

Other issues that I read are related.

• Driver seat heat turns off automatically after like 30 seconds
  • Pressing seat memory puts my seat back where I want it except it automatically stops the forward/backward adjustment about 6 inches forward of where I actually set the memory. I have to push it back the 6 inches manually and then hold down the seat memory again.

OP
OP
AN292

AN292

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anybody reading this in the future, I fixed it.

On the brake pedal there is a motor that controls the back and forth movement of the pedals.

Inside this motor is a plastic gear that is most likely cracked which is not allowing any movement when you press the button.

You can manually spin this gear and move your pedals even though it's cracked.

Remove these 2 Torx screws, should be a T25 if I remember correctly.

GkLSrvK.jpg

Once they're out you might need to take a flathead and just pop the motor off. Underneath you'll probably find this:

Iyp3EpG.jpg

You can spin this gear by hand very easily and the pedal will move in either direction. Once you get it where you want just put it back together.

If you want to fix it completely you'll need to hit up a junk yard and grab the gear from another truck.

Good luck!

jatkinson8755

Reaction score
Hey all just as a follow up to this ...

www.GruvenParts.com is going to make a metal gear to fix the plastic 1 cracking in the unit. It should be in the GM trucks section of the site by end of March 22. You can email [email protected] for updates on it.

just FYI to save some people the $ and hassle of replacing the entire brake adjuster when only the plastic gear breaks

rezapci

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For anybody reading this in the future, I fixed it.

On the brake pedal there is a motor that controls the back and forth movement of the pedals.

Inside this motor is a plastic gear that is most likely cracked which is not allowing any movement when you press the button.

You can manually spin this gear and move your pedals even though it's cracked.

Remove these 2 Torx screws, should be a T25 if I remember correctly.

View attachment 339195

Once they're out you might need to take a flathead and just pop the motor off. Underneath you'll probably find this:

View attachment 339196

You can spin this gear by hand very easily and the pedal will move in either direction. Once you get it where you want just put it back together.

If you want to fix it completely you'll need to hit up a junk yard and grab the gear from another truck.

Good luck!
Thank for your input
I have the same situation the relay is functioning and pedal not moving just making clicks … so I find the gym part number 25968688 the old one and replaced by 15123610 that those parts are discontinued .. so I guess I should got Pedal Assembly brake from year 2007-2011 GMT900 Cadillac , Tahoe, Yukon, .. those trucks..
and changing the motor gear with metal one .. and replace it ..
correct me if am wrong

Last edited:

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all just as a follow up to this ...

www.GruvenParts.com is going to make a metal gear to fix the plastic 1 cracking in the unit. It should be in the GM trucks section of the site by end of March 22. You can email [email protected] for updates on it.

just FYI to save some people the $ and hassle of replacing the entire brake adjuster when only the plastic gear breaks

Thank you for the link. I noticed my pedals will only adjust slightly but haven't used that feature since I first set them to my leg length over 17 years go. I went to Gruven parts and found the brass replacement gear. I balked at the price tag ($69.99) and then was offended by the added shipping they wanted for USPS priority mail ($15.96). I appreciate them creating a niche product for guys like us, but I don't know that this is an $86 problem...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. I noticed my pedals will only adjust slightly but haven't used that feature since I first set them to my leg length over 17 years go. I went to Gruven parts and found the brass replacement gear. I balked at the price tag ($69.99) and then was offended by the added shipping they wanted for USPS priority mail ($15.96). I appreciate them creating a niche product for guys like us, but I don't know that this is an $86 problem...
especially when they can program the cnc machine to spit these things out like m&m's and shipping should be less than $10
but without a lot of need for these they have to mark it up.
it kinda goes like tool the machine, make 50 units, throw them in a box, retool the machine for the next product

NappyBoy

Reaction score
My 2016 tahoe pedal adjuster i can hear the motor is working but i can hear a grinding gears any help or easy fix

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 tahoe pedal adjuster i can hear the motor is working but i can hear a grinding gears any help or easy fix
Hi there, this thread is in the subforum for the 00-06 year models. For better assistance you may want to search and/or start a thread in the 2015-2020 year model section of this forum.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate myself. I just ordered one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC