Adding Apple CarPlay to 2015 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up the new radio brain, HMI module and USB ports for my 2015, and will have it installed Friday. I believe the modules are 2016 units, so i would expect everything to mirror the OEM 2016 systems.

It cost me $600 for the new parts, which seems a bit cheaper than everything else i've seen posted online.

What are the parts #s for the 3 parts you ordered and where did you order the parts from? Will the HMI module have car play, android auto and have the current firmware?
I would assume the 2016 will have a faster processor in the HMI. Also, will the dealer flash the HMI when a new firmware comes out?

OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
What are the parts #s for the 3 parts you ordered and where did you order the parts from? Will the HMI module have car play, android auto and have the current firmware?
I would assume the 2016 will have a faster processor in the HMI. Also, will the dealer flash the HMI when a new firmware comes out?

I dont know the part #'s, but i purchased everything through CPS Audio Video. The guy i worked with is named Greg (707-321-9300/[email protected]), and he put together the package with the 3 parts. He said they program the module and add your VIN in so everything works like factory.

I found them on the TahoeYukon forum after someone posted their success with this setup. I'll post back on Friday once it's installed.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt... looking forward on your write up on the installation and performance...

OP
OP
F

Flynnstone

Reaction score
System is installed and everything works as it should. CarPlay is pretty intuitive, and the text message & maps feature are pretty cool. For $600 in new hardware, i think it's a worthwhile upgrade. Only thing i wish the system had was screen mirroring/YouTube for movies. The shop i bought the hardware from was also willing to update the HMI module in the future, should there be a significant update that requires reprogramming.

carplay.jpg

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The place that flynnstone went through to get this done... Is it the place in cotati..?

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is... Ive contacted Greg... Getting ready to order my upgrade kit!
Flynnstone still liking your upgrade?

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left a message for Gregg via the website and never heard back. Also called. I'll try again tomorrow

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone get part numbers on the parts needed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n