Adding a drop down screen to 3rd row denali xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brownsdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We're about to get our new 2021 Denali XL with the entertainment package. I was disappointed with the rear seat entertainment for the newer models because my kids have come to appreciate the two drop down ceiling screens in our 2016 model. While the two screens are larger and much better quality on the newest model, I do not like how they are mounted to the back of the front seats. This means the two kids in captains chairs have a great view, but I'm not so sure the two kids in the third row will feel like they are enjoying the screens on long trips as much as they were when there was a drop-down screen for the third row. As it is right now, my youngest child is in a rear facing seat so one of those screens goes to waste.

Does anybody have any experience with adding a drop-down screen to the ceiling for the third row? Can it be integrated with the built-in rear seat entertainment? Is this a good or bad idea? I'm wondering with the gigantic moonroof if it is even an option. I understand how premium cars all want to have the moonroof, but I never minded just having a normal sunroof on the older model.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a '21 Denali also and 4 kids,was kinda disappointed about no screens for the 3rd row too, however, with the stupidity of the RSE this year, I would rather have 4 tableta on the back of each headrest.

Rmillerapc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We're about to get our new 2021 Denali XL with the entertainment package. I was disappointed with the rear seat entertainment for the newer models because my kids have come to appreciate the two drop down ceiling screens in our 2016 model. While the two screens are larger and much better quality on the newest model, I do not like how they are mounted to the back of the front seats. This means the two kids in captains chairs have a great view, but I'm not so sure the two kids in the third row will feel like they are enjoying the screens on long trips as much as they were when there was a drop-down screen for the third row. As it is right now, my youngest child is in a rear facing seat so one of those screens goes to waste.

Does anybody have any experience with adding a drop-down screen to the ceiling for the third row? Can it be integrated with the built-in rear seat entertainment? Is this a good or bad idea? I'm wondering with the gigantic moonroof if it is even an option. I understand how premium cars all want to have the moonroof, but I never minded just having a normal sunroof on the older model.

Did you ever end up adding drop downs? Trying to see what my options are as well

123ablack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone had any luck adding a drop down monitor/display for third row on 2021-2023 yukon/tahoe/suburban?

Tangerine GT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is one reason why I chose to go a few years older, I liked the dual drop downs over the headrest mounts. We have 5 kids and I'm not dealing with the "I can't see " crap

silverknight

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Have a 2020 xl Denali and I am thinking of getting a 2023 xl Denali.
Have any of you been able to get the 3rd row DVD screens installed?
I am not trading mine in unless I can get screens for the 3rd row. I am not dealing with the kids in the 3rd row complaining about not being able to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts