Ac ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ricrdo2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was travelling today and my ac all of a sudden wasn't blowing cold air. It was set to recirculate and on 3. Next thing I notice a few ice chips came out of the passenger vent. I turned the AC off and kept the recirculating button on, the air became really cold and lasted my entire trip....about 4 hours. I have never had ac problems before, my level was checked about a month ago and it was full. Any ideas or is it just some random freeze up and after it defrosts it will be ok? I would like to get this taken care of as soon as possible if it can be an issue, I have another trip to make in 2 weeks.

Another ?
Is there an adjustment that can be made to the parking brake? With the pedal depressed it does not hold the vehicle.

Thank you much.

2001 Yukon XL 90K

WickedGoat

Reaction score
It is possible that the evaporator core froze up if you saw ice chips coming from the vents. Recirculation mode on the HVAC recirculates the cool air in the cabin into the evaporator so it cools the interior much faster than using the fresh air setting. Shouldn't be anything to worry about but I would have the system checked again if the evap. keeps freezing up. As far as the parking brake, it can be adjusted. Any good brake shop or mechanic should be able to do that for you.

OP
OP
R

ricrdo2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you much, having the brakes looked @ tomorrow. Gives me peace of mind

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Yeah, if the system keeps freezing up I would have a shop look at it because it usually means that there is water and air in the system and it is the water that is getting frozen and passing thru the ventilation system. If there are no leaks or mechanical problems with the A/C system, then a good evacuation, vaccuum and recharge is all that will be needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076