Ac problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok it's been a while since I've been on here buying a house new job all the craziness going on today so yea.

Anyhow I've been having ac problems for over a year now. It started with the rear ac stopped blowing cold I took apart the hvac unit and found that with the fan off the core would very slowly get cold. As soon as the fan is on it cant stay cold so I figured it was probably the expansion valve clogged up as there is a mesh screen in there I put it back together and and said I'll deal with it later. So several months later the compressor started grinding intermitently and then turned into all the time. Now I have the problem of the compressor wont engage so I put a gauge on it and without it being engaged the low side is at 50 psi I bleed some off and the compressor engaged. But as soon as I give it throttle the psi rapidly drops and the compressor shifts off. I jumped the pressure switch to see if it would stay on and it doesnt.

So at idle the pressure doesn't drop at all but when I increase rpm it does. Now it has done this for a while and the front ac was blowing cold.

Is there something else that I need to check. Why does the compressor shut off even if I have the switch bridged

OP
OP
C

Chris2144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any body have any ideas on what else could be going on besides a bad compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members