Ac control module failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kakomusic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive had this 99 escalade for about a year now and this weekend I installed an aftermarket radio, subwoofer amp all the good stuff.
Woke up one morning to go to work and my ac module is completely dead. I checked all my fuses and relays and they were all good except for my 15 size radio fuse which I replaced and has been fine since.
I went to the junkyard and picked up another module. It worked for about a weekend and now it’s blown again. All air goes to the floor, no lights on the recirc or ac, rear controls work fine but blow hot. Ac does not come on no matter what I do. Today before the module went out I smelt and saw smoke coming from the module.

I really don’t want to have to take it to a mechanic as I like to do things myself and learn. I’ve seen some threads about a repair you can do via soldering and stuff like that but I don’t have the equipment for that nor the knowledge.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I’m 18 and been working on my own vehicles since I was 15 but this one has me stumped.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that you have a wiring problem. A wire is grounding out somewhere causing too much resistance going to the controller and burning it up. Check everywhere near and around where you were working to put in all that new gear. Probably a pinched wire.

OP
OP
K

kakomusic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems to me that you have a wiring problem. A wire is grounding out somewhere causing too much resistance going to the controller and burning it up. Check everywhere near and around where you were working to put in all that new gear. Probably a pinched wire.
I’ve checked most of the wires back there, Didn’t see anything out of the ordinary but I’ll check again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos