AC COMPRESSOR OIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know how much oil is recommended for a DENSO Ac compressor of a 2003 chevy suburban 5.3V8 WITH rear a/c? It's a model 10s20f body style . New one didn't come filled with oil :(.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to this guide and this guide (scroll down to page 29), 11oz. of PAG-46

Side note: I went to high school (Plant City, FL) with a Luis Ramirez.

Last edited:

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many components did you replace? If you ONLY replaced the compressor Id fill it up while turning the pulley, you will probably only get a few ounces in it.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
flush the system, replace the orifice tube, accumulator and O-rings. if the compressor shit the bed than you most likely have debris in there that will contaminate the system. evacuate ant recharge with the correct amount of oil and refrigerant. otherwise you are wasting time and money. just my 2 cents!!!!!

you can put too much oil in. it's best to measure it

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
flush the system, replace the orifice tube, accumulator and O-rings. if the compressor shit the bed than you most likely have debris in there that will contaminate the system. evacuate ant recharge with the correct amount of oil and refrigerant. otherwise you are wasting time and money. just my 2 cents!!!!!

you can put too much oil in. it's best to measure it
Yes I just purchased the entire kit to replace the a/c components of my burban' . And for sure I'm going to take the extra step to flush the system completely ! Thanks again for the help :)

OP
OP
Luis Ramirez

Luis Ramirez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many components did you replace? If you ONLY replaced the compressor Id fill it up while turning the pulley, you will probably only get a few ounces in it.
I'm replacing the compressor with a DENSO 10s17f body style but I'm not sure if it supports rear ac !! The original number is GM 15081860 . And as well as a new accumulator, seals , and orifice tube

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then Id try to get about 4 oz in the system total, then you can do non-oil freon for charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv