Abs and Parking Brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieCarriz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
These indicator lights come on at random times and I can’t figure out what to check for to address the issue. Some trips it comes on right away, other trips it’s maybe after about 4-5 miles. Other trips it doesn’t come on at all. I’m stumped.
2000 Tahoe

DF957937-95E2-4F16-B08E-06CAFF47A777.jpeg

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Have seen threads about this many times and appears that mostly it is the wheel speed sensor and is caused by a problem with the hub bearing. Loose hub bearing. If you drive straight and turn slightly to the right as you do, that loads the lf hub bearing and the opposite for the other side. Does the lights come on, when they don't come on right away, right after turning?

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing is all your gauges are exactly where they are suppose to be.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
abs module under the frame right under the drivers seat, it's bolted from the top with allen head screws, 50/50 chance you can get it out without stripping the bolt heads if you live in a rust free area. you can TRY to repair it yourself or send it out to be done, once you have it out the lid is pretty tough to cut open but once you have it open I would take it to a expert solderer and once it has been reflowed then you want to seal it up with some premium sealant and be generous because it is subjected to the weather under the truck. took me 3 tries to finally get it fixed. also if you manage to find a good one at the junkyard it is plug-n-play as long as the numbers match exactly, so it has to be one from a identical vehicle.