A Dealer wants to buy my 2021 Tahoe for a loaded 2022 Yukon SLT. Any advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Z71 Tahoe. Its wrapped matted black and is somewhat custom. I have a dealer offering me a straight swap for a 2022 Yukon SLT with no miles on it and with both the Premium package and Luxury package. My Yukon has 30000 miles on it, this SLT has 30 miles on it. Should I take the deal? I’ve had the Yukon for less than a year and am tempted for sure. The Yukon is really nice looking and is essentially blacked out minus the grill (which I could do). Thoughts?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What is the deal? Straight across swap or you also pay taxes and any other hidden dealer fees? If the deal is straight swap and they cover any and all fees and taxes and absolutely no money out of your pocket, is likely great. What engine in yours and the 2022 Yukon? Do you like your 2021 Z71? Color on the new Yukon?

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If u could post windows stickers of each that would be a better comparison to determine the trade

OP
OP
Donnation

Donnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the deal? Straight across swap or you also pay taxes and any other hidden dealer fees? If the deal is straight swap and they cover any and all fees and taxes and absolutely no money out of your pocket, is likely great. What engine in yours and the 2022 Yukon? Do you like your 2021 Z71? Color on the new Yukon?

Yeah I like the Tahoe. I was originally going to buy a Yukon but I couldn’t find one anywhere and saw and liked the new Tahoe. It wouldn’t be any money out of pocket and my payment would remain pretty much the same. I guess he’s adding value because of the wrap, which you don’t ever see where I live. Thank you for the response here.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is that he has a buyer on the hook that wants your particular Tahoe. I really don’t know anything about the features of the 21+ SUVs but I definitely think the Yukon looks better

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the financing. Is it same payment but stretched out longer? Interest rates are surely higher now than they were when you bought your 2021.

If it is truly he is giving you trade in value on your 21 = selling price of the 22 + dealer fees so the net deal after trade is $0, and all you are doing is transferring the balance owed on the 21 to the 22, then yes, you are buying 29970 miles for zero dollars. But, unless you see the total purchase price less trade = $0, you are not winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic