A/C question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dans99

Reaction score
Ok... so I want to recharge the AC and I went to one guy and he said "it has 2 AC systems so ill need to charge it twice"....meaning the front AC and the rear AC. I thought you just charge it like normal and that would take care of the front and rear AC. I would excpect that it would take more freon then a "standard" AC. Am I right about this? Thanks.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has 2 AC systems. I just had mine recharged a few weeks ago and was charged from 1 spot. I know it takes alot of freon, I think it was allmost 3 lbs. All i know mine works great now.

jimmycaps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my AC repaired a month ago and the guy there asked me if I had A/C in the back. I think certain models have AC in the back and those are probably the ones they are talking about. I know the suburbans do.

OP
OP
D

dans99

Reaction score
I dont see where it would be charged if there is a 2nd place to charge it. I looked up under the rear of the tahoe (behinde right rear tire) and i can see the AC lines for the rear but no ports to charge. I think one charge from under the hood will fill the whole AC system. but I have been wrong before..haha

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a magical system with two compressors, then no, there is only the one set of service ports.

FootinSD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not trying to hi-jack the thread, but I have front and rear A/C and my rear blows ice cold air, and my front is somewhat warm. Any suggestions to go along with there being two different systems and what needs to be done to fix the front A/C?

OP
OP
D

dans99

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I knew it dident sound right when the guy said he would have to do it twice. but I knew you guys would be the ones to ask.:Handshake:

branndon_b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tim, yours may be low on freon. the orifice is larger for the back than the front, so it's easier for the freon to go to the rear a/c. when mine's low the back will blow colder than the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv